• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lacey

lacey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Has anyone tried this diet?  If so, did you have good results?  I know some of the food contains soy that I know we are not suppose to have,

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:48 AM

#2 Lovlkn

Lovlkn

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 6601 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Nope - South Beach diet has always worked for me - when I follow it.  I think South Beach also teaches a person how to properly eat after you are done losing weight, so it becomes more a way of life rather than a diet.

If you have self control - South Beach will be cheaper and as effective in my opinon.

Free T-4 and Free T-3 are absolutely necessary to properly dose yourself.
My experience is that 1/2 - 3/4 of range is your goal for optimal treatment

My Journey... 7 years to receive a diagnosis. TT 2004 after 4.5 years on Tapazole that had to be adjusted monthly - endo ran labs every 4 weeks. Remission was never going to happen for me so I opted for surgery to remove. Final DX by surgeon was Hashitoxicosis, TPO antibodies over 2000 and TSI 316% within the year prior to surgery. I never had a ultrasound or any lab testing to rule out cancer - pathology was negative. Post surgery I was kept hypo for many years - until I figured out how to dose my self, relying on where I fell in the FT-4 and FT-3 labs. I run TSH below range due to positive TBII antibodies. Horrible time adjusting to addition of Cytomel = patience pays off when adding this drug to the mix.

The happy ending ---> Stable dose since 1/10 Unithroid 125mcg, Cytomel 12.5mcg - labs I can live with.

None of the information on ThyroidBoards.com is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information shared is based on my personal experiences and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult a physician before adjusting any medication.

#3 puritanize

puritanize

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

I am on GAPS, at the same time doing the Leptin reset program. SOY? It's not a complete protein so really odd they call it an ideal protein diet and it uses soy. Soy is so over processed and not complete, not to mention poor for health. I will stick to pastured grass fed meats :)

#4 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

I am on GAPS, at the same time doing the Leptin reset program. SOY? It's not a complete protein so really odd they call it an ideal protein diet and it uses soy. Soy is so over processed and not complete, not to mention poor for health. I will stick to pastured grass fed meats :)

How is it helping/changing things?  What are you doing for the leptin reset?  Thanks ;)

I'm on a journey taking armour thyroid!  What a wonderful help for Hashimoto's!

Vitamin D, selenium and Iron through THORNE RESEARCH LABS

& Vitamin C

Great stuff!

Also --

Coconut oil and caprylic acid --

YAY!

#5 puritanize

puritanize

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

So far great, the last of my belly weight is finally shrinking out. I of course am still on a program to deal with H-Pylori, then for 2 months the parasite. 

I feel amazing, I am a huge snacker, now just 3 meals a day! Love it.... It's a long term deal, so obviously time will tell how this goes. 

I mean let's face it, we know food can be a detriment to our health, a snack cake, sugar, junk food is not worth my health!

#6 Octavia

Octavia

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4918 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

I am not at all familiar with the "ideal protein diet" but I've been doing low-carb for a few weeks now (which means mostly proteins), and results have been very good!  I had let several pounds creep on because I haven't been exercising at all, and I was eating too much.  I take full responsibility!

- Pug lover, saxophone player
- 3.2 cm nodule, inconclusive FNA January 2011
- Partial thyroidectomy February 2011; Papillary cancer; completion thyroidectomy March 2011
- RAI May 2011
- 1-year scan in April 2012 was clear

Information exchanged on these boards should not be construed as medical advice. We ARE NOT doctors. Please seek a qualified physician to answer your questions before acting on any information found here.

#7 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Puritanize -- can you tell me specifically what you're doing?  I'm very interested.  For example, breakfast lunch dinner and what are you doing specifically regarding the leptin reset?

Thansk so much :)

I'm on a journey taking armour thyroid!  What a wonderful help for Hashimoto's!

Vitamin D, selenium and Iron through THORNE RESEARCH LABS

& Vitamin C

Great stuff!

Also --

Coconut oil and caprylic acid --

YAY!

#8 WendyM

WendyM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

After decades of yo-yo dieting I finally found what works for me.

Protein shakes from Body By Vi twice a day and a health meal plus 2 healthy snacks. I have more energy and I have lost weight and given up smoking. I lost 28lbs so far over 18 months. It is also gluten free so good for thyroid diets.

It's not just about what you eat, Vi Challenges you to set goals and make lifestyle changes, and lots of support as you do it. I have been more active too, which is helping me tone up and feel better about myself.

Just waiting to find out if I now have hashitoxicosis, but sure that I can get through it with Vi.

Happy to share info with anyone who want to know more. http://wendymanning.bodybyvi.com/

One Life...Live it

2010 - Diagnosed Hashimotos, with nodules, 25mg levothyroxin

2014 - Going HYPER.......

Lost 28lbs with Body By Vi...it's been a long road but now travelling slowly to a slimmer ME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...