• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 puritanize

puritanize

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Just curious everyone's thoughts on Gluten....

We do 0 grains at this point. Nuts and seeds even zero, there is really no point, especially right now trying to balance our Omega 3/6 ratios.

Anyway here is a great article, a must read to me on how even the gluten free grains can cause issues.

http://www.thepaleom...ving-it-up.html

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 12:47 AM

#2 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just curious everyone's thoughts on Gluten....

We do 0 grains at this point. Nuts and seeds even zero, there is really no point, especially right now trying to balance our Omega 3/6 ratios.

Anyway here is a great article, a must read to me on how even the gluten free grains can cause issues.

http://www.thepaleom...ving-it-up.html

This is an excellent article. Sadly, some folks are allergic to all grains whereas others are only allergic to wheat.

I have been wondering if messing with the DNA of plants and pesticides as well as fertilizers have an impact on intolerance.

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#3 puritanize

puritanize

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

The wheat supply in the US has been so genetically modified. It is really hard to find true heirloom wheat.

Other countries won't touch our genetically modified produce like corn after tests they do show it causes cancer. Scary stuff. To me when in doubt go pure as possible. We like shopping at our local produce place, they grow everything on a 1/2 acre plot near the city, local is so much fresher, but not as easy to find variety in the winter.

#4 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

The wheat supply in the US has been so genetically modified. It is really hard to find true heirloom wheat.

Other countries won't touch our genetically modified produce like corn after tests they do show it causes cancer. Scary stuff. To me when in doubt go pure as possible. We like shopping at our local produce place, they grow everything on a 1/2 acre plot near the city, local is so much fresher, but not as easy to find variety in the winter.

This may be the crux of the problem and it is not just the wheat. They are messing w/everything. This is all very scary to this 70 year old!!

The young people don't know the difference for they have nothing with which to compare. Sad, but true!

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#5 puritanize

puritanize

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

It is sad but like you said but so true. The food supply in this country has gone downhill so fast. And let's face it when it comes to our health, we see the repercussions.

#6 Kumo

Kumo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationgeorgia, usa

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

Unless you have an autoimmune disorder and/or celiac's disease, going gluten free does nothing health wise for you, and could potentially actually do more harm than good, since gluten has some minerals and vitamins in it that helps your immune system keep pathogens at bay.

Also, GMOs are NOT some big, bad, terrifying thing that some groups are trying to make it out to mean. It simply means "genetically modified organism". In simple English, your dog and other species-specific pets are GMOs. It's basically another way to do selective breeding (or be a super scientist and modify the DNA strand by inputting and removing certain DNA genes). 

This video is longer, but is a great explanation of GMOs.

I am a public health graduate student (undergrad in art and biology). I have a variety of physical as well as mental health conditions (including but not limited to: PTSD, eating disorder, anxiety, and many joint issues). I am 23 years old and an ISTJ. I am very passionate about peer-reviewed results in science in regards to biology and the human body. Please respect this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 April 2021 Do these numbers look ok? - My sister is 43 and is worried about early meno...
19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...