13 replies to this topic

#1 miltomeal

miltomeal

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hello everyone,
i recently got myself a juicer and am so far loving it!!! Easy to clean and such good energy going into my body. At first i started easy with a 5 pound bag of organic carrots (which makes about 1 quart) and have moved onto more complex juices. my favorite recipe these days is...

2 apples
4 plum
peach
pear
small watermelon
splash of ginger
2 carrots

anyone else out there have a recipe or two they would like to share?

thanks
steve

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:10 AM

#2 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hello everyone,
i recently got myself a juicer and am so far loving it!!! Easy to clean and such good energy going into my body. At first i started easy with a 5 pound bag of organic carrots (which makes about 1 quart) and have moved onto more complex juices. my favorite recipe these days is...

2 apples
4 plum
peach
pear
small watermelon
splash of ginger
2 carrots

anyone else out there have a recipe or two they would like to share?

thanks
steve

Wow; that sounds so yum!!! I hope others have some recipes to share!

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#3 lhyne

lhyne

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

You may also try the Green Energizer Bunny.This one will keep you on your toes for hours. You will be needing: 2 Apples, 1/2 Cucumber, 1/2 Lemon (peeled), 1/2 Cup of kale, 1/2 Cup of spinach, 1/4 Bunch of celery, 1/4 Bulb of fennel, 1″ of Ginger and 1/4 Head of romaine lettuce. Using electric juice extractor, press all ingredients in the juicer. Whisk to combine.

#4 Jameyab

Jameyab

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

There are lots of juices recipes are available in the Google Search Engine just write juice recipes and many of recipes will be there. moreover you can make juices of your choice and these are easy made.
Jameyab

#5 RUTHIE

RUTHIE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I juice daily (5-8 ounces at a time). I also make fruit smoothies on occassion., Now and then I add apple to vegetable (carrot) juice to get a reluctant eater to try juicing... I do not do the fruit juices in my veggie juicer. My mixture is largely green each morning as my kick off for energy, put in the juicer in the following order (important for parsley will just disappear if not juiced first):

fistful of parsley
slice of beet (important not to overdo this)
stick of celery
Romain leaves or other greens
2-3 carrots (depending on size)

This is not a beginners drink. For those I would recommend starting with smaller fist of parsley, stick of celery and 3-4 Carrots. If that is still too healthy for you, add a half an apple (WITHOUT SEEDS). Make sure all ingredients are organic!

I do smoothies now and then and then I use a banana, blueberries, mango, and pineapple! I put ice along with those and would like to find a non dairy protein to add to it that does not contain soy or milk. Not the easiest request, and then on top of that you don't want to tamper with the yum affect... some protein powders have a terrible taste!

Any suggestions appreciated! PS I am happy to assist anyone in getting started with veggie juicing... I have been doing it for years and believe that my nutrition may be the main thing that has prevented me from going more severe in my lab numbers.

#6 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

When I used to juice, I learned that putting raw onion in the juicer - basically makes the drink tasty -- like - if you had tomoato, carrot, celery -- if you add onion -- it add's a salt flavor -- now you have something like a V8.

:)

Have you found the juicing to be helpful? Makes me wanna go juice some non-goiterogenic veggies, thanks for this topic.

#7 jade

jade

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

I got a Nutribullet juice extractor to try to get more greens and fruit in my diet. I tried a few recipes using combinations of with kale, celery, carrot, flax, apples, blueberries and other fruits. The first few drinks were way too thick and pretty nasty. Now I'm trying to keep it simple with things like fresh spinach leaves mixed with tomato juice and a splash of lemon. It tastes like a greener version of V8. Kale is good too. I'm going to try a fresh mango and peach blend next. I'm not sure how much it's helping, but it's better than snacking on junk.

#8 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

You mentioned Kale, I've read repeatedly that it's a goiterogenic.

You know, I think it's Jack Lalanne that has tons of awesome juice recipes.

A simple juice -- a few carrots (say like two giant carrots), two tomatoes, a pinch of cilantro, some "english cucumber" and 1/5 of a sweet yellow onion... And i've just about had a V8. :) It's even yummy and salty-ish because of that onion.

But what is awesomesauce... I mean total awesomesauce... Take four oranges... Peel them. Now juice them. WOWZERS. Wow. YUMMYVILLE!!!

#9 jade

jade

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

You mentioned Kale, I've read repeatedly that it's a goiterogenic.

You know, I think it's Jack Lalanne that has tons of awesome juice recipes.

A simple juice -- a few carrots (say like two giant carrots), two tomatoes, a pinch of cilantro, some "english cucumber" and 1/5 of a sweet yellow onion... And i've just about had a V8. :) It's even yummy and salty-ish because of that onion.

But what is awesomesauce... I mean total awesomesauce... Take four oranges... Peel them. Now juice them. WOWZERS. Wow. YUMMYVILLE!!!

That sounds really good. I'll have to try it. I love anything with onion.

About goiterogenic -- are goiterogenic foods bad for anyone with thyroid problems or just hypo?

#10 jade

jade

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Here's the juice smoothie I made today. I think it was my favorite so far. I used a NutriBullet but it should work in a blender too.

-3/4 cup of fresh Keitt Mango
-About 6 frozen strawberries
-1/2 a peach
-Orange Juice

Lots of vitamin C. I've been trying to make one fruit and one green veggie juice drink each day and I think it's making a difference, at least with my skin and hair. My hair isn't falling out anymore.

#11 jenny v

jenny v

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2964 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I made a yummy juice today--juiced some kale, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and carrots. The fruit overpowers the veggies so it's really sweet and delicious, although it is an odd color!

Technically, I shouldn't be having raw kale since I have Hashi's, but my thyroid is coming out next week and I just don't care anymore. I adore kale and spinach and it's been so long since I've eaten them.
Thyroid problems since 2002
Diagnosed with Graves Disease 2002 and Hashimoto's Disease April 2012
TT on October 10, 2013
Currently on 90mg Westhroid and 50mcg Cytomel

Information exchanged on these boards should not be construed as medical advice. We ARE NOT doctors. Please seek a qualified physician to answer your questions before acting on any information found here.

#12 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

I wish that I could figure out what to juice to make this bump in my throat go down :( It's worse after this weekend... Really makes me think it's a response to something that I ate... :(

#13 miltomeal

miltomeal

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Swimmer~ it is a good thought to think about your diet...are you gluten free? Do you eat prepared foods out of cans?

A bodily response to these can definately be inflammation.

#14 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi - I'm pretty much a "whole foods" eater. I am working on getting gluten out. I hardly eat anything out of a "box" (i.e., very little processed foods) -and like everyone - there are a few exceptions along the way -- moderation -- this weekend had some pizza though, don't know if that contributed? (NEVER had a problem before).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...