• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lovelizz

Lovelizz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

So I started my diet about a month ago...I am doing not only gluten free but grain free as well as I have a bit of weight to lose. So basically, low carb. I am not following any plan but my own. I have cut out anything with a carb count higher than 10 pretty much, and I limit my carbs to 40-50 a day...however, I do not even count vegetable carbs because they are good for me. I also limit my fruit to 1 serving a day. The exception is potatoes, which I do not eat at all. I eat only full fat items, and try to eat things as close to their natural state as possible without preservatives (yeah cuz who knows what effect that red 40 has on me??!). A week after I started, my sister came to visit me in Portland...this was her first time here so I decided no harm if I took a break, I was really committed to this way of eating and bouncing back shouldn't be too hard. I lost 7lbs the first week. I gained back about 10 taking her to all the best eating spots in town. No sweat...I started back on Monday of this week and today I am already down over 11lbs! The difference is that I have cut out alcohol this time, last time I still allowed myself a beer here and there but I think the alcohol slowed my loss (even though 7lbs is awesome!). I can tell within a matter of days how much smaller I am already...my pants are falling off! Now I'm going to start zumba classes soon to add exercise to the routine! As for my thyroid, I'm starting to feel almost hyper....not sure if it's the diet or the medicine but something is working!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:08 AM

#2 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

So I started my diet about a month ago...I am doing not only gluten free but grain free as well as I have a bit of weight to lose. So basically, low carb. I am not following any plan but my own. I have cut out anything with a carb count higher than 10 pretty much, and I limit my carbs to 40-50 a day...however, I do not even count vegetable carbs because they are good for me. I also limit my fruit to 1 serving a day. The exception is potatoes, which I do not eat at all. I eat only full fat items, and try to eat things as close to their natural state as possible without preservatives (yeah cuz who knows what effect that red 40 has on me??!). A week after I started, my sister came to visit me in Portland...this was her first time here so I decided no harm if I took a break, I was really committed to this way of eating and bouncing back shouldn't be too hard. I lost 7lbs the first week. I gained back about 10 taking her to all the best eating spots in town. No sweat...I started back on Monday of this week and today I am already down over 11lbs! The difference is that I have cut out alcohol this time, last time I still allowed myself a beer here and there but I think the alcohol slowed my loss (even though 7lbs is awesome!). I can tell within a matter of days how much smaller I am already...my pants are falling off! Now I'm going to start zumba classes soon to add exercise to the routine! As for my thyroid, I'm starting to feel almost hyper....not sure if it's the diet or the medicine but something is working!

Med and diet combo! Whooooooooooooooooooooooohoo!! This is totally wonderful and I am so so happy for you!

It empowers a person when they can control what they would like to weigh; yes???

Are you doing cartwheels yet?

Posted Image

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#3 webster2

webster2

Super Gold Veteran

• Members
  • 2766 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Sounds like you have figured out a great plan for yourself! I think eating food closet to their natural state is the best thing. I am doing the same. Yay, to Zumba!

Thyroid Storm June 2011

Graves Disease DX June 13, 2011
Completion Thyroidectomy July 28, 2011
(right side removed 11/14/1990)
Papillary Cancer
2.25 grains Nature-throid (11/2011-8/2013)
still looking for the correct dose 12/3 (125 mcg 5 x week 112 2x week) 5 mcg cytomel  2 x day
Life is very good! :)

#4 Octavia

Octavia

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4918 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Wow...the three of you really make me want to try some kind of diet like this....hhhhhmmmmm.... stay tuned...

#5 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Wow...the three of you really make me want to try some kind of diet like this....hhhhhmmmmm.... stay tuned...

You can be sure we will! Stay tuned; that is!

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...