Levothyroxine and recover libido on male - Thyroid Disease General Discussion Forum - Thyroid Boards

Photo
- - - - -

Levothyroxine and recover libido on male

levothyroxine male libido tsh ft4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hdbernalp1979

hdbernalp1979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Hi everyone:

I`m a 37 years old male, hypothyroid medicated with levothyroxine 50 mcg since january, 7 years with low libido, low energy and more, i will save my history is much more like others, negligent medics, not updated, not right tests, etc,etc, etc, anyway my tsh has been going doing down but very, very slow and FT4 always in the upper limit, it began on 5.4 and now after all this year is on 2.3. Not hashimoto, not overweight, no smoke, no booze, no weed.

Only recently after begin by my self with iron and selenium suplements i`m finally seeing some real changes on my skin, eyebrows and energy level, i just wanna ask if in the board there`s some guys that has recovered their lost sex drive with only levothyroxine treatment, it will return, i`m also on trt(testosterone replacement therapy), but still if thyroid hormones dont do well i`ll never feel full testosterone effects

Advices guys?

After all if it doesnt returns soon i`ve been thinking buy t3  or ndt and do it by my self, obviously taking ft3 tests before, is nearly imposible find and updated medic

Thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:05 PM

#2 Lovlkn

Lovlkn

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 6604 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

I copied this from another one of your posts.  Your issue begins with low testosterone, not low thyroid, although they are all interrelated.

Free Testosterone 14.38 pg/ml 9-47

Free T-4 and Free T-3 are absolutely necessary to properly dose yourself.
My experience is that 1/2 - 3/4 of range is your goal for optimal treatment

My Journey... 7 years to receive a diagnosis. TT 2004 after 4.5 years on Tapazole that had to be adjusted monthly - endo ran labs every 4 weeks. Remission was never going to happen for me so I opted for surgery to remove. Final DX by surgeon was Hashitoxicosis, TPO antibodies over 2000 and TSI 316% within the year prior to surgery. I never had a ultrasound or any lab testing to rule out cancer - pathology was negative. Post surgery I was kept hypo for many years - until I figured out how to dose my self, relying on where I fell in the FT-4 and FT-3 labs. I run TSH below range due to positive TBII antibodies. Horrible time adjusting to addition of Cytomel = patience pays off when adding this drug to the mix.

The happy ending ---> Stable dose since 1/10 Unithroid 125mcg, Cytomel 12.5mcg - labs I can live with.

None of the information on ThyroidBoards.com is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information shared is based on my personal experiences and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult a physician before adjusting any medication.

#3 hdbernalp1979

hdbernalp1979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

I copied this from another one of your posts.  Your issue begins with low testosterone, not low thyroid, although they are all interrelated.

At this point i dont know, now total testosterone is high on the upper limit after six months after being on trt and only a small improvement on sex drive and erections, and still was sleeping bad, dry skin,, falling eyebrows i know that both are related, and medics dont give me a clue, i only can ask on message boards

#4 Lovlkn

Lovlkn

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 6604 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Free Testosterone is the test you need to be focused on , not total.

• joplin1975 and JessicaG like this
Free T-4 and Free T-3 are absolutely necessary to properly dose yourself.
My experience is that 1/2 - 3/4 of range is your goal for optimal treatment

My Journey... 7 years to receive a diagnosis. TT 2004 after 4.5 years on Tapazole that had to be adjusted monthly - endo ran labs every 4 weeks. Remission was never going to happen for me so I opted for surgery to remove. Final DX by surgeon was Hashitoxicosis, TPO antibodies over 2000 and TSI 316% within the year prior to surgery. I never had a ultrasound or any lab testing to rule out cancer - pathology was negative. Post surgery I was kept hypo for many years - until I figured out how to dose my self, relying on where I fell in the FT-4 and FT-3 labs. I run TSH below range due to positive TBII antibodies. Horrible time adjusting to addition of Cytomel = patience pays off when adding this drug to the mix.

The happy ending ---> Stable dose since 1/10 Unithroid 125mcg, Cytomel 12.5mcg - labs I can live with.

None of the information on ThyroidBoards.com is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information shared is based on my personal experiences and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult a physician before adjusting any medication.

#5 mothyroid

mothyroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hi, I haven't started any thyroid medications, I have my first endo appointment this week, but I've been on TRT (test cyp injections) for 3 months now and the one major positive change for me was libido.  It has worked it's way back strong.... too strong according to my wife who was use to our previous sex life.  You'll want more labs to figure out other things, like what Lovlkn mentioned with free testosterone (this is what actual testosterone is available for your body to use), and you will want to know your Estradiol levels.  Mine were sky high after 2+ months on TRT and high (and low) Estrogen levels can wreak havoc on your system just as much.

• joplin1975 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: levothyroxine, male, libido, tsh, ft4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 April 2021 Do these numbers look ok? - My sister is 43 and is worried about early meno...
19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...