- - - - -

My Own Panic Attack War

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

I Had My Thyroid Removed For Ca Feb. 07.
I Became Hypothyroid With A Tsh Of 176. It Felt Like My Brain Was Being Fried. My Endo. Said This Was Because Of My Tsh Levels.
I Had Diff. Returnig To Work. Would Feel Overwelmed.
I Needed To Go To The Er. Found Out I Was Hyperventilating.
I Had Numbness To The Face And Hands, Chest Pain, Blurred Vision.
I Went To A Counselor Today For My Panic Attacks. She Said
I Should Practice Deep Breathing, Visulazation And Reduce Work Load. I Hope All This Gets Better. Slowly But Surely I Think It Will.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 08:37 AM

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

I Have Been Using Relaxtion Techniques, Positve Thinking, Deep Breathing Excersises And A Adjustment To My Thyroid Meds To
Try To Get Past These Panic Attack Problems. It Does Appear To Be Helping. I Did Not Exp. These Panic Attacks Ever Before It Was Quite Disturbing. I Have Been Reading Books On The Subject And Feel That Its Just A Matter Of Time Before This Comes To An End.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

I have just learned to live with them. When it gets real bad a few beers helps me alot:D

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Using The Various Techniques I Have Been Reading About . The Panic
Attacks Have Droped To Almost Zero. My Changes In Medication Have Helped . I Dont Have A Racing Heart Every Few Hrs. Now. So
Hopefuly In A Few Months Things Will Be Back To Normal.

• Validating
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

Lavender....that's how I ended up a full blown alcoholic for about 10 years....NOT a good option.

Eventually the alcohol does nothing for the anxiety and then you are really screwed. I quit cold turkey about 6 years ago and although I still get PA's from time to time, I no longer need to dive into a bottle to control them.

Gotta watch the booze...it can get out of control quick if you are using it to control panic.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

over the counter INOSITOL, has helped my panic symptoms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...