• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdesira

mdesira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi I have just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
After doing some research I am a little confused with the topic goitrogenic foods. Eg almonds, broccoli millet cauliflower rice potatoe etc

Some sites say to not consume these foods.

Is this true - should you not eat any goitrogenic foods?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:43 AM

#2 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

It all depends.  Are you on medication for your hypothyroid?  The worst offender is soy.  However, most of the veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and all of that are NOT goitrogenic when cooked.

Welcome to the board!

• mdesira likes this

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#3 mdesira

mdesira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thanks.
I am on thyroxine. So if on medication it's ok to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...