• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jaimee

Jaimee

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

We recently (ok several months ago) got a Biggest Loser game for the Wii. I did it for the first time today and OH. MY. GOODNESS. I can't believe how difficult! I'm having to adjust down the level of difficulty and the length of the workout. But I am soo excited to get started. Not just losing weight (ideally, I'd like to lose around 20 pounds eventually), but just being active again! It's been so long since I've felt capable of moving. I finally feel able to start learning how to be a normal person again! (Well... "normal".... it's all relative!) :party0049:

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 12:20 PM

#2 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

We recently (ok several months ago) got a Biggest Loser game for the Wii. I did it for the first time today and OH. MY. GOODNESS. I can't believe how difficult! I'm having to adjust down the level of difficulty and the length of the workout. But I am soo excited to get started. Not just losing weight (ideally, I'd like to lose around 20 pounds eventually), but just being active again! It's been so long since I've felt capable of moving. I finally feel able to start learning how to be a normal person again! (Well... "normal".... it's all relative!) :party0049:

Jaimee!! What wonderful news!! You can do this!! I am so glad you are on the healing pathway. You had such a hard time. You deserve to feel good at long last!

Posted Image

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#3 desrtbloom

desrtbloom

Super Gold Veteran

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

Congratulations!!! I know how exciting it is to be able to start exercising again and feeling a little like your old self. It's a great day! :-)
Diagnosed with Graves' Disease and Hashimoto's Disease in February 2010. :sad0049: Total thyroidectomy on July 20, 2010. explode Dealing with these diseases has been the longest journey of my life. If you don't have patience before you are diagnosed with thyroid disease, you will have no choice but to learn to be patient. Thyroid disease is a journey. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Everything takes time. :hugs:

#4 nikimcn

nikimcn

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

we have a wii but do not have that game.
we have the fitness program with step though, i've yet to do it consistently. i WISH i only had 20 pounds to lose LOL :)
you'll get there :hugs:
Ultrasound 10-14-2010-multiple nodules found
DX Hashimoto October 19 by GP
1st appt with Endocrine Dr. on Nov 9th
Biopsy (FNA) Nov 29th.~negative results
Rheumatolotist~Dec 7th~high CRP level
Rheumatologist~Apr 1, 2011~still high CRP
all other tests negative at this time.
Consult for TT with surgeon~ Apr 6th
repeat ultrasound sept 2nd, 2011
Aug 2013-sick for 4 months- family doc confirmed high lab results.
Aug 13, 2013-scheduled to see a different endocrine doc.

#5 Jaimee

Jaimee

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

Do you have the wii Fit PLUS? If so, that game is SO much FUN! Especially the marching band one... I would just do that, but the kiddos scratched up the disk and now it doesn't work at all :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...