Panic Disorder vs. Adrenal Insuffiency - Page 2 - Archives; Less Popular Topics - Thyroid Boards

Photo
- - - - -

Panic Disorder vs. Adrenal Insuffiency

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

Yes, I get Costchondritis alloottt, enlarged groin lymph nodes too!! Wow, i need your doctor, maybe i might feel better! Where to go from here, to a new doctor I take it.

Oh, definitely yes. You have it. And I must say that my Rheumatologist/immunologist would jump right on this. She is the one that suspected I had Lupus and ran the Anti-DNA, C3 and C4. All of it was through the roof.

Now things are very very quiet due to diet and life-style improvements. Just had the tests run in June and the antibodies for Lupus were barely detectible.

So, I do agree............you need a rheumatologist who is on this. Your other doctor has nailed it.

And if you want, I can help you with diet changes and "stuff." The only med I take is my Armour. And yes, the pain could be from the Lupus. It most likely is. Also, I have to get kidney labs every three months and you should also as Lupus is insidiously hard on the kidneys.

I have had the pleurisy so many times, costalchondritis and a whole myriad of painful symptoms prior to my Lupus diagnosis. Huge swollen lymphs in the neck, arm pits and groin area. Of course the lymph system is so vast and you feel the pain but you cannot see the swollen lymph.

{{{{Hashigirl}}}}; I sure know what you are going through.

Andros

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

#22 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Yes, I get Costchondritis alloottt, enlarged groin lymph nodes too!! Wow, i need your doctor, maybe i might feel better! Where to go from here, to a new doctor I take it.

Oh, you poor thing. OMG; that is so so painful!!

Too bad you don't live here in the Atlanta Metro area. I would wisk you away to my doc sooooooooooo fast.

But, let me reiterate; I don't take meds for all this. I determined myself to make all these dietary changes and other life-style changes (lots and lots of exercise which was painfully difficult in the beginning) and she is just amazed and very proud for and about me.

She also worked very very closely with me titrating my Armour as my level of exercise increase through the years and we found by "accident" that keeping my TSH suppressed goes a long way in keeping the Lupus antibodies suppressed.

I will help you all I can. It is not easy but it sure beats being miserable all the time. So.................let's firstly see if you can find a better doctor. And when you are ready, maybe we can work on omitting some things from your diet to see if you feel better and looking into the future, some exercise (mild) to get you going. We have to make our systems work; that is a given. No amount of medicine can do for us what a healthy and active system can do.

And I am not suggesting that you not take your medicine that you have been prescribed. Just trying to paint a brighter future because there is one.

Andros

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

OMG, that is so sweet! Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me, yes, i could use the advice, dietary, or whatever. I will get a new doc ASAP. THANK YOU.

#24 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

My Ferritin has been in the 390's on several tests but my TIBC comes back normal so they were not yet concerned about iron overload.

Also to note is my testosterone is very low - 190 - 204 for my age. The range is something like 240 - 900 and I should be around 600 for my age (39).

I don't quite understand your progression. You were hypo or hyper or both? You went hypo after RAI I assume but before that you were classic graves?

How do you feel now?

I should just take that damned Synthroid pill with some regularity and see if it solves my problems but Im so nervous cause of all the heart palps and hyper feelings all the time. It is said that you can have heart palps being classic hypo too.

I would be hypo thyroid for a while, then flip to hyper. This went on for many years until I just had full blown Graves'. Strange but true. At first one would think this was "typical" of Hashmoto's and I am sure it was but it "evolved" into a monster.

Of course, after RAI, I went hypo.

It is not at all unusual to find that Testosterone is low (sometimes very very low) in males who have Thyroid Disease.

Yes indeed; hypo can and does cause heart palpatations and arrhthymia. Many have experienced that.

I will say this; many patients have a difficult time w/ the titration process because sadly, as the thyroxine builds up in your system, it takes you to all the places that you don't want to go.

If you do decide to take the synthroid, do work closely with your doctor. This does make me wonder though if perhaps you are reacting to a "filler" or the even the Synthroid it's self? Have you ever tried a natural dessicated porcine thyroxine such as Armour?

After many years, I now feel wonderful. It is a rare day that I don't feel well. It was however, a long road to healing. It "really" was.

The above is opinion only, not medical advice. No doctor degrees here. Please seek the advice of a qualified physician........ Andros :D

Graves' Disease, Lupus (Systemic & Discoid), Sjogren's and old age. ;) Armour........3 1/2 grains per day.

Welcome all members! Thank you everyone for participating on this board, for helping other posters and for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#25 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

OMG, that is so sweet! Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me, yes, i could use the advice, dietary, or whatever. I will get a new doc ASAP. THANK YOU.

You are welcome and I will be here. You know, I have always believed that healing requires kindness and caring also.

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

#26 Andros

Andros

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19367 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

My PCP wanted me Coumadin a few months and then nothing about and nobody ever did anything. Do you just forget about a TIA and assume you won't have a stroke in the future?

I do think that your PCP is making sense. Probably a second opinion from a more qualified physician would be a very very good idea.

"We Rock" 004-1-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...