• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 graves84

graves84

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

I live in NYC and have a hard time finding a good Endo. About three months ago I stopped taking nature thyroid totally because of terrible side effects. 

I had a 6 week break before starting synthyroid 100mg which was my dose 3 years ago. I finally got into see an Endo who said he would have to wait 6 weeks to test my labs to see how it was working. He didn't even look me in the face the entire visit and then practically yelled at me when I said I wanted my free t3 and t4 tested as well as b-12. He said YOUR LEVELS WILL BE NORMAL AND I'LL CALL YOUR PRIMARY CARE MYSELF AND TELL THEM YOUR WEIGHT GAIN AND TIREDNESS ARE NOT FROM YOUR THYROID"

This is BEFORE HE EVEN TESTED MY NEW LAB LEVELS!!!!!

This guy was such a dismissive jerk that I could not even believe it. I had labs today finally and had to force him to test my t4 free and he was like -there is no need for that. This guy was so so beyond rude. The bad part is even if my TSH or free t3 and t4 come back at the high end of "In range" he will say it's fine and to stay on 100mg. He even refused to do a thyroid ultrasound. 

I want another form of t3 as well but something better regulated than armour which does not work/absorb for me due to my adrenal failure. 

I want to cry and it could be months before I can get  into a new Dr who might just be just like this loser.... i'm in entertainment and cannot keep gaining weight because my income is based on my body. 

Hyper thyroid from age 13-22 on Methimazole. Remission with no medication from age 23-28. Now Hypo thyroid/Hashis. Treated with 100mg L-Thyroxin for 2 years before recently switching to Armour and raising grains. Had terrible time tolerating t3 and NDT and switched to Nature Thyroid -now 81.5 and cannot regulate. NDT is the devil & has made my life hell. 

#2 Pamzilla13

Pamzilla13

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

Try a doctor who prescribes bio identical hormones. Call a compounding pharmacy and ask who prescribes bio identicals. From what Ive seen they can be Internal medicine doctors, gyros etc...They usually have a better understanding of thyroid than and endo.

Hope that helps a little. I am sorry you are suffering.

#3 ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn

Super Gold Veteran

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

Kick this guy to the curb STAT. He doesn't deserve to have patients and should be in a different profession. I found my good MD/DO on this list of Thyroid Top Docs. They're listed by state - http://thyroid-info.com/topdrs/

Sleep well. There are people out there willing to die tonight so that you can wake up safe tomorrow!

#4 razstelusc

razstelusc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:31 AM

I totally understand. I have run into a couple of those myself. Having to start with a new doctor is frustrating. Im going through that myself. I'm beginning to think they don't want us know what they know because it's easy money for them. I have even thought of going to a more holistic approach modern medicine/doctors are failing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

22 June 2017 it makes you wonder - It makes you wonder if doctors really do know w...
22 June 2017 Did my Hashimoto start after this hardship/trauma? - I know this sounds absurd, How do I know whe...
21 June 2017 Hi All - Hi everyone,   Been on ND...
20 June 2017 Lab results - Let me start by saying that I feel fantastic...
20 June 2017 LIVID at horrible Dr - After being off NDT then switching to Levoth...