• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jenny1031

jenny1031

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:36 PM

My doctor put me on Levathyroxine right after surgery but I keep hearing about Armour. Is there a difference in the effectiveness?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:46 AM

#2 Swimmer

Swimmer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

A lot of the physicians today won't put a patient on armour -- however there are a lot of people who feel that they "feel better" on armour and that a lot of facial swelling/swelling goes down with armour. 

Have you bought "Root Cause" by Isabella Wentz?  That's probably one of the best routes to hopefully miniminzing/reversing/getting hashimoto's into remission for those who can, and there are some people who can do this.  It may not work for everyone, however I'm certainly going to do all that I can -- I look forward to hopefully getting to the point like many others - of having the doctor lower my dose in the years to come -- it's a jourey.

I'm on a journey taking armour thyroid!  What a wonderful help for Hashimoto's!

Vitamin D, selenium and Iron through THORNE RESEARCH LABS

& Vitamin C

Great stuff!

Also --

Coconut oil and caprylic acid --

YAY!

#3 jenny v

jenny v

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2964 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Levo is a T4 only medication, Armour has T4 and T3 (and a bunch of other T's). Some people do fine on Levo, others need that extra T3 to feel optimal. It all depends on what your Free T3 and Free T4 labs look like.

• Andros likes this
Thyroid problems since 2002
Diagnosed with Graves Disease 2002 and Hashimoto's Disease April 2012
TT on October 10, 2013
Currently on 90mg Westhroid and 50mcg Cytomel

Information exchanged on these boards should not be construed as medical advice. We ARE NOT doctors. Please seek a qualified physician to answer your questions before acting on any information found here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...