cooking from basic ingredients at home? - Page 2 - Nutrition and Diet - Thyroid Boards

Photo
- - - - -

cooking from basic ingredients at home?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 jade

jade

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

I would love to see the lasagne recipe!

Here it is: http://hip2save.com/...lasagna-recipe/

I use chopped onion, chopped yellow, red, orange bell peppers and chopped (frozen) spinach as the veggies when I make it. So good! The egg is optional. I skip it because I'm a vegetarian and it turns out fine w/o it. It's a good recipe because you can customize the veggies to your preferences. It's the best lasagna I've made yet and very easy in the slow cooker.
TT 8/2015 for Graves/Multi-Nodular Goiter
Currently on 100mcg Levothyroxine 8.5pills per week & 5mcg Cytomel 1x daily

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:49 AM

#22 Octavia

Octavia

Super Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4918 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

That looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!

• jade likes this
- Pug lover, saxophone player
- 3.2 cm nodule, inconclusive FNA January 2011
- Partial thyroidectomy February 2011; Papillary cancer; completion thyroidectomy March 2011
- RAI May 2011
- 1-year scan in April 2012 was clear

Information exchanged on these boards should not be construed as medical advice. We ARE NOT doctors. Please seek a qualified physician to answer your questions before acting on any information found here.

#23 Prolixity2013

Prolixity2013

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPacific NW, USA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

My husband makes his lasagne in the microwave without precooking anything. You layer everything just like you would for lasagne made in the oven and cook it in the microwave.

I have to make everything at home because I'm allergic to the parsley or carrot group of foods. That means no parsley, carrots, celery, parsnips, cumin, coriander, fennel, dill, caraway, and anise. So eating out would be a nightmare. Celery and carrots are used often, especially celery with its root, leaves, seeds, and stalk used in many different ways. The root is the worst culprit for an allergic reaction. It's concentrated with the proteins that cause the problem.

I've learned to live without canned goods and prepackaged foods. I can't even open up a jar of spaghetti sauce because the last ingredient which says, "spices" meaning celery root or root juice extract. That's highly concentrated and causes a multitude of symptoms. It took me a long time to figure it all out, but now I'm not having the physical problems I used to have. I haven't been to a restaurant since 2012 when I had a severe reaction to a taco salad. I believed it was salmonella, but now I know it was the nitrite they used on the salad to keep it fresh. Celery root extract juice. Yikes!

Our dog eats a raw diet. All we need to do is grab raw chicken scraps or a turkey neck or pork or beef or heart or liver or a combination of them, weigh them on our scale, and serve. His coat is shiny and soft. And he's never had ear infections. And he's got plenty of sass and energy, and he's past middle age for his breed. His got little tartar on his teeth.

Wish I could eat raw turkey necks too. My teeth could use a good cleaning.   ;)

Initial DX:  September 2003, Hypothyroidism

TSH: 6.55  R: 0.98 - 5.74

RX: 25 mcg Synthroid with increases to 88 mcg.

Dr. kept TSH mid-range rather than at a specific number and how I felt.

1 November 2013: Dose changed from 176 mcg Tirosint to 150 mcg Tirosint

8 November 2013 suspected DX: Thyrotoxicosis caused by Severe Subacute Thyroiditis

23 April 2014: Now under-medicated. Dose change: 162 mcg.

19 Nov 2014: Basal Metabolic Rate too low. Added 1/2 tab Cytomel. Could only tolerate 1/4 tab every other day.

26 Feb 2015: Now under-medicated. Dose change: 175 mcg.

CURRENT TEST RESULTS 19 Feb 2015:

TSH: 2.88; R: 0.40 - 5.00

FT4:  1.52; R: 0.9 - 1.7

T3: 74.5; R: 80 - 200

FORMER DXES: 

May 2007: Myxedema, severe hypothyroidism, had to stop every ten steps to catch my breath

September 27, 2007: Perimyocarditis, A-Fibrillation, Pericardial Effusion

May 11, 2008: Thyrotoxicosis

Nov 8, 2013: Severe Subacute Thyroiditis

CURRENT DXES:

1. HYPOTHYROIDISM

RX: Synthroid 175 mcg

2. LICHEN SCLEROSIS

RX: Clobetasol

3. LIPODERMATOSCLEROSIS, AKA LDS, DX'D 2001

RX: Compression Hose: 30-40 mmHg since 2000.

4. BORDERLINE SINUS BRADYCARDIA

5. ROSACEA, 2001

6. DUB, 2009

RX:  Progestelle Oil, Vitamin A 10,000 I.U.

7. PTSD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

19 March 2021 Need a great Endo or Functional M in DC area - My sister needs some help in metro DC/Northern...
10 March 2021 Anyone alternate daily levothyroxine dose? - Wondering if anyone takes (or has experience...
22 February 2021 Feelings near my thyroid - This is kinda hard to explain, but does anyone...
09 February 2021 Anything Other than Synthroid? - Hello All! Has anyone liked a name bran...
29 January 2021 Graves and these labs - Hello! Graves for 5 years. In remission in and...